NOYCE Requirements and Procedures
- Must be U.S. Citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident alien (NSF requirement)
- Cannot have previously served as a K-12 teacher (including emergency) (NSF requirement)
- Must complete a background check (Alabama requirement)
- Must hold a degree in a qualifying STEM field* (NSF requirement) with at least a 2.0 GPA
- Must have completed at least 12-15 hours of mathematics (Calculus I and above)
- May need to complete additional prerequisites courses depending on background
- Must earn an acceptable score on the Praxis II: Mathematics test (NSF requirement) to be fully accepted. Provisional acceptance is possible.
- Must commit to teaching in a high need school for at least 4 years (NSF requirement)
* Qualifying degrees include: Mathematical sciences, engineering, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, physics, geology, environmental science, or closely related major
This project is funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation Noyce Scholarship Program (#2151040). Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.